This is always a huge hit in our house. One of my favorite quick meals. Preparation time is less than 5 minutes and total cook time is about 15 from start to finish!
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
- 1 pound breakfast sausage (unflavored)
- 1/2 to 1 head cabbage (depending on your likes, we use the whole thing)
- 6 ounces of shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce (try getting one without wheat. We use the brand, Tamari.)
- 2 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- green onions for garnish
- In a deep large skillet brown one pound of sausage.
- Add in shredded carrots and cabbage and cook about 6 minutes stirring often sill cabbage starts to reduce in volume
- Add ginger and garlic along with soy sauce stir to combine simmer a few more minutes until cabbage is cooked to your desired tenderness
- turn off heat and add oil and green onions and serve immediately.
We like lots of cabbage so we have added to the quantity of cabbage the longer we have made this you can use as little as 6 cups (about half a head) or if you don't have time to chop your own grab a bag of coleslaw mix and use that instead.
Nutritional Information per Serving
15 grams of carbohydrates
25 grams of fat
25 grams of protein