Blueberry pound cake with lemon glaze, who knew eating healthy could taste this good? Our family had this for Easter dinner and went over well for the keto and non-keto family members.
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 10 eggs
- 2 sticks of grass-fed butter (room temp)
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup of powdered stevia (type that is one for one replacement of sugar)
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces blueberries
- 1/2 cup swerve (confectioners)
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Blend cream cheese, butter and 1.5 cups of stevia
- Blend in vanilla extract, lemon extract and eggs
- Mix dry ingredients in another bowl coconut flour, almond flour and baking powder.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients with wet in large bowl and stir in blueberries
- Pour mix into a buttered bundt pan.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or check with toothpick in middle to check if cake is fully cooked
- Cool cake on cooling rack for 30-60 minutes
- While waiting for the cake to cool, make the glaze. Mix lemon juice with swerve to desired consistency and drizzle over cake after it is completely cooled.
This recipe was adapted from Low Carb Yum's Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake. Our variation adds more lemon flavors. We tried to remove some of the complexity and add some easier to obtain sweeteners. We noticed the cake to glaze sweetness was off in the original (likely due to sweeteners we had used), hopefully our improvements will help you out making this and not have to experiment a few times to get it right.
Nutritional Information per Serving
12 grams of carbohydrates
28.5 grams of fat
8.9 grams of protein