Before going to a low carb way of eating cheesy potatoes were a huge family staple in our home. Upon making the change I really struggled with what to do with this great family classic. Finally I just substituted the shredded potatoes with cauliflower rice and came up with this great tasty low carb version of ‘cheesy potatoes’ I hope your family enjoys them like mine has!
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour
- 2 (12 ounces) packages of frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 (16 ounces) container of sour cream
- 1 (15 ounces) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup of reconstituted minced onion
- 12 ounces package of shredded cheddar cheese (divided into thirds)
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- Heat oven to 350°
- Mix sour cream, chicken soup, 2/3 of cheese, and the minced onion in a bowl. Add cauliflower rice and stir until well combined.
- Use some of the butter to grease a 9x13 pan. Pour in the mixture and press evenly. Top with remaining butter and the final 1/3 of cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour and then broil on high for 3-5 minutes to brown the cheese.
Nutritional Information per Serving
7.5 grams of carbohydrates
15.6 grams of fat
7 grams of protein