This is large family dish with lots of leftover potential that reheats well. Nothing better than a good garlic cheese sauce.
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
- 5 chicken breasts butterflied or pounded thin (family pack size)
- Seasoning paprika, pepper, salt, and onion powder to taste
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 8 ounces white mushroom
- 1 stick of grass-fed butter divided
- 4 ounces of olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or half and half
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 9 cloves of garlic or 3 tablespoons of pre-minced garlic
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter plus 1 ounces olive oil and brown chicken breasts until well colored. 4-5 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Add back to the pan 3 tablespoons butter and 2 ounces olive oil. Sauté all of the broccoli and mushrooms plus 2 tablespoons garlic (6 cloves) until all is well cooked about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil (1 ounce) and remaining butter (3 tablespoons) remaining garlic (1 tablespoon, 3 cloves). Add softened cream cheese and heavy whipping cream. Whisk to melt. Add 8 ounces of your cheese blend continue whisking over medium heat until all melted.
- To the pan add back the cooked vegetables and the chicken coat all of it. Top with remaining cheese and let simmer for 5-7 minutes on low until the cheese melts.
Season the chicken to your family's pallet. I use paprika, onion powder, salt and pepper. I suggest taste testing the broccoli if you’re at all concerned it’s not done. Cheese sauce will be thick if you want a thinner sauce whisk in 2-4 ounces hot water.